Advanced timeline actions
Loading more Tweets:
- If it's been a while since you last opened Twitter for iPhone, you will notice that the app only loads the 100 latest Tweets in your home timeline.
- Below these Tweets is a break in the page — tapping that page break will load the other Tweets that happened during the "break" in your timeline.
Jumping to the top of your timeline:
- Sometimes you may be very far down your timeline
- As a shortcut, you can double-tap the Home tab to bring you back up to the most recent Tweet
Pull down to see a conversation thread:
- If you're replying to a Tweet and want to reference that Tweet while you’re composing your @reply, tug down on the text area and the Tweet you’re replying to will appear at the top of the screen.
Copy and paste for Tweets and profiles:
- You can copy and paste the text of a Tweet or a user's bio on their Profile by tapping the text you wish to copy.
To find a Tweet’s direct link/URL:
- Navigate to the Tweet’s details page by tapping the Tweet in your home timeline.
- Once on the details page, tap the share button (it looks like an ellipsis) on the far right of the menu directly underneath the Tweet text.
- From the pop-up menu select Copy Link to Tweet to copy the Tweet’s permalink to your phone’s clipboard.
- To email the permalink to someone, tap Mail Tweet and you’ll be taken to your phone’s email composer — the link is added to the body of the message.
Press-and-hold actions on links:
- On a Tweet's details page, pressing and holding URLs will bring up a menu through which you can choose from a number of sharing options for that link.
Marking all DMs as read:
- Tap the Mark all as read icon (it looks like a check mark) on the bottom right of your direct message inbox to mark all your DMs as read.
Having trouble with Twitter for iPhone? Check out our troubleshooting article for tips and solutions to common issues.