Tailor Twitter to your interests.
Tailored suggestions make building a great timeline — filled with Tweets, links, media, and conversations from the people you’re interested in — easier and faster. Twitter can now make smarter and more relevant suggestions about who you might enjoy following. We’re beginning to test tailored suggestions now with some of our users.
How tailored suggestions work:
We determine the people you might enjoy following based on your recent visits to websites in the Twitter ecosystem (sites that have integrated Twitter buttons or widgets). Specifically, our feature works by suggesting people who are frequently followed by other Twitter users that visit the same websites.
If you’re part of this initial test, when you first sign up for Twitter, we’ll offer you a unique list of relevant suggestions about who to follow so that you can quickly experience the value and fun of Twitter.
If you’re a current user, this feature offers dynamic suggestions about people you might enjoy following, keeping Twitter naturally aligned with your evolving interests. Here’s a preview of your tailored suggestions. They may also appear in the Who to follow sections on the Home and Discover pages.
It’s up to you.
We are committed to offering you meaningful privacy choices. If you don’t want tailored suggestions, there are several ways to turn off the collection of information for this feature:
- For users signing up to Twitter, you can uncheck the box that says Tailor Twitter based on my recent website visits.
- After signup, you can uncheck this box in your Safety and security settings next to the heading Personalization.
- When you log out of Twitter, the information collection for the feature automatically stops until you log back into Twitter.
- Anyone can turn on the Do Not Track browser setting to stop the collection of information for the feature. Learn more about Twitter’s support for the Do Not Track preference, including how to turn it on.
- Anyone can also turn off the information collection for the feature from the preview page.
I want to check it out.
Go ahead and sign up or check out our preview page. You may notice that some suggestions are for people you already follow. Seeing familiar accounts helps to confirm that our tailored suggestions are ones you like.