Follow these steps to change your username:
- Log in to Twitter.com and visit your account settings pages from the dropdown menu in the top right corner.
- On your account settings page, change the username listed in your username field.
- If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
What's the difference between your username and your name?
- Your username appears in your profile URL and is unique to you. It's used for logging in, @replies, and direct messages.
- Your name is a personal identifier (sometimes a business name or real name) displayed in your profile page and used to identify you to friends, especially if your username is something mysterious like @neongolden or @meangrape. Change your real name in your profile settings tab.
How long can real names and usernames be?
- Your username can contain up to 15 characters.
- Your real name can be 20 characters long.
If you're having trouble with usernames, please see our username troubleshooting article for more information.