What is HeyWire?
HeyWire allows you to send SMS messages from multiple devices, not just your phone! More information about HeyWire can be found here.
How can I tweet using HeyWire?
- Install the app on your iPad/iPhone or Android device.
- From the HeyWire main menu, tap Tweet Now.
- If you’ve never tweeted using HeyWire before, type Start and then tap Send. Twitter will respond with several setup questions.
Here are links to the latest info for using HeyWire if you need them:
SMS Commands for HeyWire
Below is a complete list of Twitter SMS commands you can use on HeyWire:
- ON: Turns ALL your Twitter updates and notifications on.
- OFF: Turns off all updates except direct messages. Send STOP again to turn off direct messages, too.
- ON username: Turns on notifications for a specific person. Example: ON John
- OFF username: Turns on notifications for a specific person. Example: OFF John
- FOLLOW username: Start following a specific user and receive SMS notifications. Example: FOLLOW Jessica
- LEAVE username: Stop receiving SMS notifications for a specific user. Example: LEAVE Jessica
- STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL, or UNSUBSCRIBE: Turns ALL phone notifications from Twitter off.
- STATS: Sends a text to you with the number of followers, how many people you’re following, and your bio information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is an Internet connection required to use HeyWire?
Yes. HeyWire's messaging service can be accessed via apps over Wifi/3G worldwide on all Apple iOS devices and Android Devices, or via web browser for PC and Mac.
Can users download this app and then just send an SMS to 40404 to update Twitter?
Yes. HeyWire users can use the app to update Twitter or receive Twitter updates via the shortcode 40404 on all devices.
What's the advantage of using Heywire vs. a Twitter-specific application, like Twitter for iPhone?
HeyWire gathers messages from SMS, Twitter, Facebook Chat, and Gtalk. You can keep up with your entire social network in one place! HeyWire also provides notifications even if the app is closed, so you won't miss any updates.
Will international users receive updates from Twitter even though they're using the 40404 shortcode?
Yes. Any HeyWire user in the world can send and receive Tweets from 40404. Please make sure to speak to your carrier about international roaming charges that may be incurred.
My question isn't answered here!
HeyWire's FAQ can be found here.