To remove your mobile number via the web:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Click the person icon at the top right corner of the navigation bar and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Mobile tab.
- If your mobile phone number has already been added to your account you will see a Delete my phone link under the Save button (shown below.)
- Click the Delete my phone link and the mobile number will be removed from your Twitter account.
- After you have removed your mobile number, the screen will give you the option to connect a new mobile number to your account. Follow these instructions if you'd like to add a new mobile number.
To remove your mobile number via SMS:
- Using the phone you want to remove from your Twitter account, send a text message containing only the word STOP to your country's Twitter short code).
- Your mobile number will be removed from your Twitter account immediately. To add a new mobile number via SMS, follow the instructions listed here.
Our troubleshooting article has answers to common problems with adding or removing mobile numbers.