This article shows you how to connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts so that your Tweets will automatically post to your Facebook wall.
To connect your Twitter account and your Facebook profile:
- Log in to the Twitter account you want to associate with your Facebook profile.
- Go to your Settings menu's Profile tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Sign in to Facebook and connect your accounts.
- When prompted, select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to public by default.
- Click Log in with Facebook and enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Click Allow to accept permissions.
- Your Tweets will now post to your profile Facebook wall and your username will be displayed there as well. @Replies will not be posted.
To connect your Twitter account to a Facebook Page:
If you have a Facebook Fan Page, or are the admin of one, you can post Tweets from your Twitter account to your Facebook Page.
- Follow the steps above to connect to your Facebook profile.
- In your Twitter profile settings page, Select the page you'd like to connect to.
- When prompted, click to allow permission to post to the selected Facebook Page:
To control who sees your Tweets and username, go to your Facebook Application settings and click Edit for the Twitter app to restrict who can see your Tweets on your Facebook wall. Unless you have explicitly chosen to authorize Twitter for Facebook to connect your Twitter account to your Facebook account, we will not cross-post to Facebook on your behalf, or display on Facebook your Twitter username, profile picture, or other profile information.
When you choose to connect your Twitter account to your Facebook account, the Facebook authentication dialog screen specifies the Facebook account information that you authorize sharing with Twitter. This information allows us to cross-post between Twitter and Facebook and may help us improve your Twitter experience, for example, with better suggestions and content on Twitter. If you disconnect your Facebook account from Twitter, we will delete the Facebook account information that you previously authorized. Please note that it may take up to a few weeks for this information to be fully removed from our systems.
If your Tweets do not post:
Make sure the box to Post your Tweets to Facebook is checked in your Twitter Profile settings. Try disconnecting and reconnecting again.
Still having trouble?
Tweets not posting? Let's troubleshoot! Visit our Facebook troubleshooting article.