To search for Tweets containing a keyword or hashtag:
- Enter your search query into the search box at the top of the page.
- Toggle between viewing Results, People, or Photos by clicking the menu on the left side of your page.
- When viewing search results, choose to view Top or All results by clicking the options at the top of your search results timeline. (You can also choose to see results about a given topic from only the accounts you follow by selecting People you follow.)
- Click here to learn how to save your search.
To search for Tweets mentioning a user:
- Enter the user's username, preceeded by the @ symbol, into the search box at the top of the page.
To search for people or accounts to follow:
- Click here to read about how to find people on Twitter.
- If you see a hashtag in someone's Tweet, clicking it will perform a search for Tweets containing that exact hashtag. Read more about hashtags in our help article What are hashtags?
- Searching from your Connect tab defaults to people search results (it will show you accounts); searching from your Discover tab defaults to Tweet results for your query. You can switch between the two at any time by clicking the menu on the left side of the page.
Visit our Search troubleshooting help section for more information.