What is a retweet?
A retweet is someone else's Tweet that you chose to share with all of your followers. You can use our built-in retweet feature or you can manually retweet content by copying and pasting it into a new Tweet of your own. Both are outlined below.
How to retweet without adding your own commentary:
- Hover over a Tweet.
- Click the Retweet link, highlighted below.
- A pop-up will show you the Tweet you're about to retweet and will ask you to confirm.
- Click the blue Retweet button.
- The Tweet will then be shared with all of your followers!
How to retweet and add your own comments (RT):
- Copy the content of the Tweet you'd like to share. (Note: this only works if the Tweet is much shorter than 140 characters. We recommend using the official retweet button.)
- Open a new Tweet box and paste the content into the message.
- Add the letters RT and the Tweet author's @username to show that it's a retweet and isn't your own content.
- Add your comment at the beginning of the message, as shown below.
- Click Tweet to post the message to your followers.
Click here to view our troubleshooting articles about Tweets.