To add your mobile number to your Twitter profile from the web:
- Log in to twitter.com and click on the gear icon.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Mobile tab.
- Choose your country from the first drop-down menu.
- Enter your mobile number. No need to include your country code or leading zero; we handle these automatically. Users located outside of the US may need to follow separate instructions, listed below.
- Click Activate phone to begin verifying your phone.
- You will be directed to send the word 'GO' via text message to Twitter (using the appropriate country-specific short code).
- Text the verification code from your phone to that short code.
- After we receive the verification code from you, your mobile device will be added to your Twitter account!
If you are located outside of the US, you may need to follow these extra steps:
- You will be asked to Choose your carrier after you've entered your mobile number.
- Select your carrier and click Activate phone to verify your phone (if you don't see your carrier listed, read this article).
- You may need to select the desired language you'd like to send and receive Tweets in.
Congratulations! You can now send and receive text messages (SMS) updates via Twitter for SMS!
Our troubleshooting article has answers to common problems with with using Twitter for SMS.